Saturday 1 May 2010

Blog 3 - reflection on blog entries 2009/2010

Since the beginning of term digital cultures has covered a wide range of topics from convergence to artificial intelligence. Some topics I found more interesting than others and some topics I was surprised to see included in the unit for example ‘virtuality’ in week 9. This blog entry will be about the topics I found the most interesting and the topics I thought were irrelevant and hard to discuss and write a the blog.

This year in digital cultures I’ve learnt many new things, the most interesting topic for me being video games in week 12. This particular topic stands out for me as I learnt new terminology such as ‘balanced’ and ‘unbalanced games‘. It also caused me to look at what the future holds for video games based upon current popular video games and consoles. Another interesting topic was ‘issues of the body’ in week 7. I discussed the positives and negatives of an artificial body part, focusing on an artificial heart.

The topics I found the least interesting were in weeks 1,3 and 11. In week one was on ‘citizen journalists’ which I failed to understand what significance it had because I couldn’t how professional journalists could ever feel threatened by an unqualified and inexperience writers. In week three the topic was on ‘thinking about media change’ although the topic was relevant the title of the blog was hard to understand. In week 11 the topic was on ‘the aesthetics of digital culture’, I didn’t really understand the concept of the aesthetics of digital cultures and I struggled to come up with a question. Overall, the unit has been quite interesting and I feel I have learnt quite a lot about digital cultures this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment